700 logos in index Logo index | Add new logo | Add to favorites

Detroit Tigers logo

The Tigers have worn essentially the same home uniform since 1934 - solid white jersey with navy piping down the front and a Gothic script or blackletter (often called Old English) "D" on the left chest, white pants, navy hat with white Old English "D". When they play away, the D on their hats is orange, with the word "DETROIT" across the shirt. A version of the team's Old English D was first seen on Tigers uniforms in 1904, after using a simple block D in 1903. The Old English D appeared frequently after that until being established in 1934.[22] In 1960, the Tigers changed their uniform to read "Tigers", but the change only lasted one season before the traditional uniform was reinstated.

In 1995, the Tigers introduced an alternate jersey, solid navy with the team's alternate logo (a tiger stepping through the "D") on the chest. It was worn a few times and then abandoned.
The Tigers are the only team in Major League Baseball to have a color on their road uniforms that is not on their home uniforms (orange).
The Tigers use slightly different versions of the initial logo on the cap and jersey.

The Detroit Tigers are a Major League Baseball team based in Detroit, Michigan. One of the American League's eight charter franchises, the club was founded in Detroit in 1894. The Tigers have won four World Series championships (1935, 1945, 1968 and 1984) and have won the American League pennant 10 times. Since 2000, the team has played at Comerica Park.

The Tigers constructed Bennett Park at the corner of Michigan Avenue and Trumbull Avenue and began playing there in 1896. In 1912, the team moved into Navin Field, which was built on the same location. It was almost completely rebuilt in 1938 and renamed Briggs Stadium. It was renamed Tiger Stadium in 1961 and the Tigers played there until moving to their current park, Comerica Park in 2000.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Tigers) www.tigers.mlb.com