700 logos in index Logo index | Add new logo | Add to favorites

Indian Oil logo

IndianOil was incorporated on June 30, 1959 under the name and style of Indian Oil Company Ltd. Upon merger with Indian Refineries Ltd. on September 1, 1964, the name of the company was changed to Indian Oil Corporation Limited.

IndianOil has its Registered Office at:
IndianOil Bhavan
G-9, Ali Yavar Jung Marg
Bandra (East)
Mumbai - 400 051, India

Guwahati Refinery, the first public sector refinery of the country, was built with Romanian collaboration and was inagurated by the first Prime Minister of India, Pandit JawaharLal Nehru, on 1st January 1962. IndianOil refineries registered a record throughput of 35.3 million tonnes during the financial year@ surpassing the previous best of 33.8 million tonnes in 2001-2002.

IndianOil commissioned India's first product pipeline, the Guwahati - Siliguri pipeline, in 1965. This 435-Km pipeline connecting Guwahati Refinery to different installations was designed to carry about 0.818 MMT of oil per year.

From a small begining with a sale of 0.032 million kilolitres, IndianOil achieved sales of 10 million kilolitres with a turnover of Rs. 635 crore* and profit Rs. 22.5 crore by the late 60's. From then on, the company has grown from strength to strength and for the fiscal 2007, the IndianOil group sold 59.29 million tonnes of petroleum products, including 1.74 million tonnes of natural gas, and exported 3.33 million tonnes of petroleum products.

IndianOil is investing Rs. 43,393 crore (US $10.8 billion) during the period 2007-12 in augmentation of refining and pipeline capacities, expansion of marketing infrastructure and product quality upgradation as well as in integration and diversification projects
(http://www.iocltech.com/history.html) www.iocl.com